Networking is a soft skill which must be learnt and developed. If a “non-networker” is brought into a room full of networking potential, he or she will still not be able to network. – Desmond Mapfumo
Here are a few points to hold onto and remember:
1. Networking is a skill and a process.
2. Networking can be learnt.
3. Networking is an objective based activity. You must have an objective when networking.
4. Networking must be premised on genuinely getting to know someone, their work, goals and their needs, then sharing the same abort yourself and looking for intersections or value exchanges.
5. Networking is a long term process not a singleday event.
About The Author
Desmond Mapfumo is a Mindset Coach, Startup Builder and Consultant. He is the Founder and Contributing Editor For Inspiration Media Publications. Inspiration Media is member of the Rebirth Group, which he also founded and leads as the Chief Executive Officer.